Selling online doesn’t have to be complicated! But first you have to ask yourself the right questions, properly assess your needs and choose the best options to avoid wasting time, money and energy.
- What is my budget?
- What is my level of comfort with computers?
- Do I have a physical store where I sell my products?
- What are the particularities of my company that I must take into account in the creation of my online store? Ex.: very heavy products to deliver, discounts for wholesale or special customers, customizable products, etc.
WooCommerce or Shopify?
There are a variety of platforms and solutions. I focus my expertise on the two best known and most accessible. Do these two names ring a bell? Both have many advantages, but may be suitable for different customers. I work with both, I have no bias: I offer you what is best for you!
- WordPress extension, which will convert your existing site into an online store in just a few clicks!
- Installed on your hosting, the code is open and you can customize your store to infinity and beyond.
- Requires computer knowledge or a resource to help with the maintenance and technical management of the store.
- No monthly fees. Like WordPress, WooCommerce is basically free (but you have to choose a web host).
- Easy and ready to use platform for designing an online store.
- Shopify takes care of hosting and technical maintenance, so your store is virtually never down and always fast!
- Can be customized with free or paid extensions created by other programmers.
- Several practical features are included as standard on Shopify stores: catalogs on social networks, package tracking, possibility of selling at a point of sale.